The whitewashed city Palace looks to float out of the blue Pichola water. Here one finds a maze of inter-connected courtyards, corridors, and rooms. Some have pretty inlaid pietra durra mirror work walls, scalloped arched windows with coloured glass panes, glazed mosaic tiles, and sculptured embossment decorations just like the famous performing arts peacocks in Mor Chowk. elements of this old palace complex house a museum blessed by the Maharana Mewar Foundation.
"LAKE PALACE "
Lake Palace or Jagat Niwas is a white marble summer residence of the princes of Mewar, that was in-built 1746 by Jagat Singh. set on an island, the complete Palace appears to float on the blue water of Lake Pichola. The ethereal stucco complex with dainty balconies, terrace gardens, water fountains and
arched windows, reflects the brightness of the sun, sky and lake. The interiors are profusely adorned with paintings, stained glass and crystal.
An Indo-Aryan temple, the placing Jagdish temple is placed on the primary entrance of the town Palace. Erected by Maharana Jagat Singh in the year 1651, this temple consists of a black stone idol of Lord Jagannath, an incarnation of Lord vishnu. Originally called the temple of Jagannath Rai, it’s a major attraction within the city. a proof of Māru-Gurjara design, this white temple has lovely delicate carvings and sculptures and is currently a well-liked landmark in the Lal ghat area. The prime highlight is the morning and evening Aarti.